This course is split into three modules:
- What is an Eating Disorder
- What are the Signs and Symptoms
- What to do if you have a Concern
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
In this course you will learn about:
- What an eating disorder is
- Who can develop an eating disorder
- The myths surrounding eating disorders and the real facts
- Characteristics of the three main types of eating disorder
- The causes of eating disorders
- Other mental illnesses that may co-exist alongside eating disorders
- Behavioural changes in those with an eating disorder
- The psychological effects
- The physical signs to look out for
- How an eating disorder affects the family
- The difficulties the carer may face
- The long-term complications
- The importance of early intervention
- What to say and what to do when you think someone might have an eating disorder
- The steps a GP might take
- What is expected of carers – the family, carer and GP ‘team’
- Typical treatments available
- What special considerations are needed for children and adolescents
For more information, or to purchase this course click here.
Customer feedback – what we are hearing about this course:
“This was informative, interesting and engaging. Thank you!”
“It was a simplified easy to understand course.”
“The information was easy to follow and understand.”
“Very Good. I really enjoyed it and will be researching more.”
Do you have a question?
Whether it is a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.