Access my training
More than 3m people in the UK have been diagnosed with diabetes. Of these about 270,000 have type 2 diabetes and around 300,000 have type 1 diabetes. Just as importantly, approximately 850,000 people in the UK have undiagnosed type 2 diabetes.
Our diabetes online course will equip you with a greater understanding of the challenges around the condition and how it can be effectively managed.
This diabetes training will show that type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes have very different and distinct characteristics and can affect sufferers in very different ways.
Over the four modules of this diabetes course you will learn about these differences, get great practical tips around management of diabetes and learn of the impact of diabetes on those it affects.
You’ll get to understand the ways that sufferers can adapt their lifestyles to reduce the risk of developing pre-diabetes, diabetes itself, or from reaching a dangerous weight that makes diabetes a reality.
You will automatically receive a course certificate on completion of this diabetes course – with your name, the CPD hours you have earned, the date and learning objectives covered.
This online diabetes course is aimed at anyone who wishes to gain an understanding of diabetes, including carers, parents and professional organisations, local authority staff and other local authority partner organisations, health staff and education professionals. It’s a great basic online diabetes course for nurses too.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a full knowledge of:
· What type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes are; and the differences between them
· Why having high blood sugar levels is bad
· The common symptoms and dangers of type 1 diabetes
· The main challenges for those with type 1 diabetes
· The appropriate diet for type 1 diabetics
· How to treat a diabetic emergency
· The challenges for carers and the wider family of a diabetic
· The causes and symptoms of type 2 diabetes
· The factors which increase the risk of type 2 diabetes
· The short and long term complications of type 2 diabetes
· How to help someone with pre-diabetes
· Lifestyle interventions and the best ways to lose weight
· The essential examinations and tests for a diabetic
· Diabetes in older people and younger people
· What gestational diabetes is
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
All of our courses have been independently accredited as conforming to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically receive a 10% discount at checkout.
We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licences in bulk.
Contact us for more information.
All our courses are accessed through Blue LMS, Me Learning’s own Learning Management System.
Talk to us about how Blue LMS can help you monitor, track and report on your learners.
For over 10 years we have been providing engaging, informative and clearly explained e-learning materials in a flexible format for our learners.
We've won awards, we've won hundreds of organisations as clients, and we've been used by hundreds of thousands of satisfied learners.
Me Learning Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: Company Number: 5842638
Registered office: Basepoint Business Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex. BN43 5EG