This page contains the terms on which we permit you to use the websites at www.melearning.co.uk (“the website”) and training.melearning.university (“the learning management system” or “the lms”). Unless you have ordered a course under the courseware terms, they are not intended to form a contract between you and us.
You should read these terms carefully before using either of our sites. We do not permit you to access them or use any content if you do not comply with these terms.
The terms under this heading (“general terms”) apply to users of our sites and to any orders placed for courseware, whether through the website or otherwise.
1. In what follows, certain words and phrases have a particular meaning as follows:
1.1 “content” means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software, or other information or material available from our sites;
1.3 “intellectual property” means any rights in patents, design , copyright, databases, trade marks, domain names confidential information and all other forms of intellectual property, whether registered or unregistered, wherever in the world;
1.4 “our sites” means the website and the LMS;
1.6 “you” or “your” means the person accessing or using our sites or their content;
1.7 “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Me Learning Limited, a company registered in England under number 05842638 and whose registered address is at Adur Business Centre, Ropetackle, Shoreham-By-Sea, West Sussex, BN43 5EG; and
Information about you: privacy
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
3. Except where any of our content is associated with a more specific intellectual property licence – whether it is more or less restrictive than this one – and to the extent that you need our permission to do so, we give you a licence to use all intellectual property rights in the content, but only for the purpose of browsing our sites using conventional web browsing tools.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
4. Our sites may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites. Any hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
6. Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any:
6.1 losses that were not foreseeable by you or us when this contract was formed;
6.2 losses of an indirect or consequential nature, even if the possibility of such loss has been brought to our attention; or
6.3 economic loss or other loss of turnover, profit, business or goodwill.
7. These terms are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and the courts of England shall have jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising from them.
The terms under this heading are the terms on which we permit you to use the website. They are not intended to form a contract between you and us.
Using the Site
8. Unless you have placed an order, this website is intended only to give you information about us and the products and services we have to offer and not to:
8.1 make you any promises;
8.2 make any contractual offer to you;
8.3 supply any services to you.
9. Accordingly, we accept no liability to you for any content we have included or failed to include in this website.
Changes to terms and conditions
10. We reserve the right to vary these terms from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on the website and by continuing to use and access this website following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms from time to time to verify such variations.
Accuracy of information and availability of the website
11. While we hope that this website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that this website will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information of this website is at your own risk.
12. We may suspend or terminate operation of the website at any time as we see fit.
13. Any content is provided for your general information purposes only. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied upon for any purposes.
The terms under this heading (“courseware terms”), together with the general terms, govern the supply of courses to you, if you choose to place an order with us, and access to the LMS through which we supply our Course Content.
14. Throughout the courseware terms, the following definitions apply:
14.1 “Course Content” means the content of Courses accessible online as well as the Downloadable Material.
14.2 “Courses” refers to the course or courses that you have ordered.
14.3 “Downloadable Material” refers to any material (such as documents in PDF form) which we have expressly invited you to download as part of a Course.
14.4 “Users” refers to those individuals, including yourself, for whom you have ordered the Courses.
How orders are placed
15. You may place an order through the website by using the website to fill your virtual shopping basket and following the instructions for placing an order. The order is placed when you press the “Buy Now” button and we have received confirmation from our payment provider that your payment request has been accepted.
16. If we have discussed with you directly the possibility of your making an order offline, you may place an order by sending us – in paper or electronic form – a completed order form.
How we deal with an order
17. We reserve the right to reject an order that we have received for any lawful reason. If we accept your order, we will send you a confirmation email. A contract will be formed between you and us at the point we send it to you.
18. If we accept your order, we will make the Course Material available within 1 business day of receiving cleared funds. We will notify you and each of your other Users (if any) by email once the course content becomes available.
19. If you have ordered through the website, you will be asked to pay using one of our payment providers and should follow the instructions of the selected payment provider.
20. If you have placed an order using an order form, the price and terms of payment will be those set out in the order.
21. Provided no User has started accessing any course, you may cancel your order within 14 days of placing it by sending an email to [[email protected]] and we will refund you the price paid. Once a User has started using the content you have ordered, you will not have the right to cancel your order and receive a refund.
24. We will, if you request it and on your behalf, collect additional personal information about Users, such as by use of an equal opportunities switchboard. If we do so, you agree that you will be treated as the data controller of that personal information and that we will be treated as data processor. We agree to act only on your instructions when we process that personal information.
25. We will make the Course Content available to Users for a period of 12 months from the date we send you the confirmation email. If we update a course which you have ordered, Users will be given access to the updated version.
26. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Course Content is up to date at the date it is first made available on the LMS. You acknowledge that there will often be some unavoidable time lag between a change in practice and our having completed updates to Course Content. You should therefore not treat and you should always apply your own common-sense to any situation, seeking the most up to date advice where you are in any doubt.
27. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Course Content is available to Users on demand, subject to the following exceptions:
27.1 We may at our discretion disable access to some or all of the Course Content for short periods of time, for example in order to allow us to carrying out maintenance of the LMS or to update Course Content. If we do so, we will ensure that the period of time for which Course Content is not available is not so substantial as to make use of the Course Content .
27.2 We are not responsible for any unavailability of the Course Content due to reasons beyond our reasonable control, including any failure of any computer network other than our own.
Conditions of Use of Course Content
28. Users may:
28.1 access the Courses through a web browser; and
28.2 reproduce, for their own use, any Downloadable Material.
29. Users may not otherwise use any of the Course Content and in particular may not do any of the following (unless we are required to permit Users to do it by law):
29.1 reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any Course Content;
29.2 publish the any Course Content for others to copy;
29.3 rent, lease, sublicense, assign, or lend the Course Content or any portion thereof on a stand-alone basis or as part of any collection, product or service
30. Users may not authorise any third party outside to access or use the Course Content without our prior agreement.
Responsibility for Users
31. You are responsible for ensuring that Users other than yourself comply with any conditions placed on them under the courseware terms. If a User other than yourself causes us any loss or damage as a result of their breach of any such condition, you will compensate us for the full value of any loss or damage so caused.
Limitation on Liability
32. In addition to any other limitation of liability, our liability to you arising out of any order shall be limited to the total price you paid for that order.
Lancashire County Council
Me Learning train over 3,500 social care staff on Lancashire County Council’s new Liquidlogic Adult and Children’s case management systems.View case study
Do you have a question?
Whether it is a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales teams will be happy to help.