This course will give learners an insight into the procedures that should be followed when taking charge of a person’s medication outside of a health setting.
It discusses requesting prescriptions, maintaining records, storing, administering and disposing of medication, self-medication and issues that might arise in the administration of medication.
This course is split into two modules:
- Medication Awareness
- Safe Handling of Medicines
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
In this course you will learn about:
- The principles of safe and appropriate handling of medicines set out by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- The importance of record-keeping
- Prescription requests
- Medication for people who lack capacity
- Medication storage
- The disposal of medicines
- Administering medication, including supporting self-administration
- The use of monitored dosage systems
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Reporting errors
- Transfers to other settings
For more information, or to purchase this, course click here
Customer feedback – what we are hearing about this course:
“Very interesting and will prove valuable in my job.”
“Very engaging and provided a good overview. Use of example situations was helpful in order to apply the learning.”
“Excellent and informative.”
“I think it was very informative, simple to access and engaging.”
Do you have a question?
Whether it is a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.