More than 50,000 learners in councils and partner organisations across Greater Manchester will continue to meet their digital learning needs using Me Learning technology and learning content.
The current contract with the Greater Manchester Combined Authorities (GMCA), which will have spanned 8 years early next year, has now been renewed for a further two years through to 2026.
The arrangement with ten councils – 9 out of the 10 authorities from the GMCA and neighbouring Blackburn and Darwen Borough Council – is highly collaborative in its approach and enables the authorities involved to benefit from economy of scale savings as well as a customisable approach. This enables them to provide digital learning to their employees and partners such as schools, the NHS and the voluntary sector at a faction of the usual price because of the way they choose to share overhead costs.
To illustrate the benefits in practical terms, over the last year, 155,000 courses have been completed by over 50,000 learners which is equivalent to £1.17 per course per learner.
This value for money solution combined with our sector leading UK based helpdesk are just two of the factors which have enabled Me Learning to maintain this prestigious local government contract.
We will continue to provide:
- The technology to deliver digital learning to employees and partners via Me Learnings new learning management system, Form LMS, with its enhanced functionality, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
- Access to Me Learning’s digital learning library of over 200 courses, many developed with and for local authorities and their partners, as well as more generic training such as GDPR and Information Governance.
- An integrated online booking system which records all training, including face-to-face sessions, to maintain accurate training records.
John Brewder, Regional Sales Director at Me Learning said: “By sharing costs in this way each authority is able to access a state-of-the-art learning platform and sector-specific course content at a fraction of the price available on an individual basis. At a time when training budgets are being stretched further than ever, our solution provides a highly interactive and engaging experience and at the same time it helps these local authorities make their limited funds go further.”
Vicky Castle, GMCA Contract Manager said: “With the help of Me Learning we have revolutionised the way learning is delivered across the local authorities in Manchester and across our partner organisations. We are delighted with the service provided by Me Learning, particularly helpdesk response times and the overall can-do approach by all in the team.”
As part of the existing contract with the GMCA there is a built in social value element. All the local authorities involved have been offered and accessed free licences to use unlimited courses in the Me Learning catalogue for social value projects of their choice. Many provide licences to partner organisations or specific groups of residents such as the unemployed so they can build skills to prepare them for the workplace. This equates to the following benefits over the past 3 years of the current contract:
- 3268 courses completed under the social value arrangement
- £136,440 worth of training accessed free of charge under the social value arrangement
- 851 learners with a social value licence via the GMCA.
For more information contact: email@example.com / 01273 499 100.